To our wonderful patients:
We would like to share some of the great things that are happening at our practice to keep you safe.
As in Pre-COVID times, Degenhardt Dental has provided the latest in state-of-the-art infection control technology. Your health and well-being and that of our team continue to be our highest priority.
This means things may look a little different than you may be used to when you walk through our doors, but don’t worry, it will have no effect on our ability to deliver exceptional care with optimal results
- To address air quality, we have installed two Rooftop Air Filtration Units to provide enhanced disinfection with UV light to supply surgically clean air throughout the office.
- To capture any aerosols produced during procedures, additional high evacuation units will be in each treatment room.
We have carefully planned and revised our office procedures to greatly minimize the risk of infection for you and our team members.
Before your appointment, we will be asking some prescreening questions when confirming your appointment.
Upon your arrival:
- We have removed magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind.
- Hand sanitizers will be positioned throughout the office.
- We are asking everyone entering the office to wear a mask during all non-treatment times.
- We will take your temperature with a touchless thermometer. If we detect a fever or other symptoms of illness, we will ask you to defer your appointment and seek medical attention.
- We will record the temperature of every team member at the beginning of each work day.
- Patients are asked to wait in their cars or outside the office until their scheduled appointment time. This eliminates waiting time for you in a common area.
- We ask that only the person with the appointment enter the office. Parents, other family members, drivers, etc. will be asked to wait outside the office whenever possible. (Note:
there are exceptions to this policy: parents of minors and essential caregivers who will, of course, maintain social distance.
- Even though we love a handshake or occasional pat on the back, we ask there be no physical contact with the exception of your dental treatment.
- Just as in pre-COVID times, all treatment rooms will be completely disinfected before each patient is seated, and public areas -including the restroom- will be disinfected frequently throughout the day.
- We will require hand washing and hand sanitizing before all appointments by our team and our patients.
- We will introduce an oral pre rinse by all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
- Our team has and will continue to STRICTLY follow guidelines set forth by the CDC and OSHA in regards to personal protective equipment (PPE) and office disinfection. We will employenhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients! Our team will now be wearing face shields and N95 masks, & gowns – we will look a little different to you the next time we meet!!
Checking Out After Your Appointment:
- Our front desk has been fitted with clear panels much like the panels you now see in grocery stores. Our intent is not to make your visit seem impersonal, but rather to protect you and our team from air droplets. We will ask that you continue to practice social distancing measures in common areas of the office, including the front desk.
- Credit card machines will be accessible for you to swipe/insert your own credit card
- After every transaction, the checkout desk, credit card machine, and panel will be cleaned with a disinfectant.
Our team has been busy preparing and practicing for re-opening. We look forward to seeing you soon! Please continue to call Dr Ted Degenhardt on his cell at 248-224-0516 or Dr Chris Degenhardt at 248-224-1106 if you have any dental questions or concerns. For any other questions, Debbie is available at 248-643-6651.
To stay connected with you during this time, we will continue to post frequent updates to our Instagram and Facebook pages. Please “Follow” us on Instagram and “Like” our Facebook page and share our name with your family and friends. For the past 35 years, “Our best patients have referred our best patients” and for that we thank you.
Stay well and keep smiling!
Ted Degenhardt DDS, Christopher Degenhardt DDS, Dr. Ted Degenhardt III, Dr Christopher Degenhardt and Team